Tuesday 23 March 2010

Pet hates: Leggings

I'd like to say that I lead an exciting life, and many things I do are of consequence... But I'd be lying. The most I get up to in a day does not really amount to much. I get up, go to college, hang with friends, write, eat, sleep...

But today the thoughts flooding my brain have revolved mostly around how ugly and unflattering leggings can be. I've only had one morning class (English Language) today, and whilst considering ways of confusing my mum by telling her she never respects my negative face in linguistic terms, I managed to pass several girls who seemed to think that leggings are an alternative to trousers or jeans, which I'd say they are not. If anything they're an alternative to tights, and would you wear tights on their own with just a short top? I don't think so. You wear them under shorts or a dress or a skirt, and that is exactly how leggings should be worn, if they really must at all.

I can't really explain my dislike for leggings, it's just one of those things, and I think worn right they can look good... on other people. But not me, because you won't find me wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment