Wednesday 7 October 2009

A beginning;

I write to let off some steam, and I guess this blog is the beginning of a whole new medium for me to rant on, instead of venting on unsuspecting bystanders (I really feel sorry for whoever gets in my way when I'm on a fashion war path).

Money, recently (and forever more, probably) is my main problem. I love clothes, but I can't afford the ones I want. I'm constantly wanting to wear new outfits and look different and edgy, but it's difficult when you have to wear the same things over.

I'm currently following the fashion show season (obviously) with all the new Spring 2010 coming in across the globe, and of course I've been keeping an eye on my favourite models; namely Skye Stracke. She is simply stunning, but I have to say my all time favourite catwalk photo of her at the moment is this one:


style.com

That sheer dress by A. F. Vandevorst is just the most beautiful piece of material I have ever seen (obviously a slight embellishment, but I want it so, so much for my wardrobe right now it is killing me that I just don't have that sort of money; or any money at all for that matter). I somehow managed to start browsing the Urban Outfitters website (I wonder how that happened??) and now I have a package on it's way with this in it:

I have a thing for all-in-ones. I think maybe it's a regression back into early childhood where you can just throw on something comfy and not have to worry about layering and whether things match... because that's already done for you already. I expect this to be relatively loose and comfortable and definately chic, and I cannot wait for it to arrive! Now I just need to convince myself that it was money well spent, since I've just lost £30 from my New York fund...

Anyway, enough ranting for one day, but I am definately in an impulsive mood today, otherwise I wouldn't have been so quick to 'splurge' on something relatively unessential when what I really need is thick wool tights and cardigans for a winter that is quickly progressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment