Thursday 15 October 2009

You'll laugh, you'll cry..

I went to see UP! in 3D at the weekend, and it is seriously the best Disney film since Enchanted. Usually I like Disney films because of they remind me of my childhood (not long since past) but the the newer films often lack the Disney magic that made me and millions of other people love them in the first place.
For a start, they are never hand drawn anymore, everything is computerised, which to me ruins them, even if the story is good. It lacks that quality that says 'this story has been made with loving hands', and they're churned out so thick and fast for a profit it makes me feel rather unhappy.
UP!, however, is different. There's a beautiful back story introduced in the opening scenes, and I was crying within the first 10 minutes. It's a film that was made obviously for the entertainment of both parent and child, and there's so much depth and detail within it that I really just wanted to go back and watch it again even before I'd left the cinema.



Go watch it!

In other news (haha) my Silence and Noise jumpsuit I ordered from Urban Outfitters arrived and it is sooo comfortable, it's like wearing pajamas (albeit very stylish ones). Paired with costume jewellery and a colourful jacket, I saw that it was definately a good purchase. I'm pleased, since my bank balance is ridiculously low, that there's something to make up for it.

Now I just need some new cardigans, thick wool tights (I just got some pretty amazing Calvin Klein wool patterned tights, but I need more!), a wool-knit jumper and some new pumps and maybe I'll be kitted out for the oncoming winter. Maybe...

1 comment:

  1. oh up is just the cutest movie! i cried and cried and cried :) even though i love the old hand-drawn cartoons, i do like this style (when it's done well) too. there's something very charming about it all.


    X

    ReplyDelete