Monday 15 February 2010

Countdown to Marc Jacobs;

I've been ridiculously excited about the live online streaming of the Marc Jacobs A/W10 Show since it was announced, and I set the date in my phone calender and have been positively gushing about it ever since!

So tonight, in preparation, I have taken Pro Plus and drank my weight in tea. I drink copious amounts of tea anyway, but I've even outdone myself today I think, so this show better be good!! I'm incredibly hyper!

-----

I actually made notes as though I was some kind of reporter whilst watching this, so let's see if I can make some sense of them...

Adorable Marc Jacobs tugged down the curtain as Robert Duffy (@robertcduffy) had mentioned on Twitter only minutes before, to reveal his models. The theme was definately utility chic; the smooth, suave business feel of the sharply tailored suits was toned down with loose, flowing hair and fresh faces. Little kitten heels in neutral colours were paired with socks for an older, more womanly feel, rather than cutesy (I felt).

Flowing materials in soft pastels ruled the show (like most others this season), with a smattering of glimmer and shine in the dresses and coats especially. Capes, fur-trims and knee length skirts were staple features, as were elbow-length gloves, sweeping backlines, and thin satin dresses worn under thicker, heavier coats. There was romanticism in ruffles, frills and loose bows, that added a touch of delicacy to an otherwise strong collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment