Friday 9 July 2010

Blah blah blah and stuff




I am now going to randomly obsess over my favourite films for no particular reason. You should know (my imaginary readers) that due to my (weird) personality I tend to take my love of things to a drastic, obsessive level that is possibly/probably not healthy... But it keeps things exciting :D

First, a list of my favourite films (I like lists):

You may have noticed that I have good taste in films ;D Out of the films listed, I've memorised the scripts (and most of the camera angles) of 10 of them. The rest are working progresses ;)

But aside from my slightly creepy memory, that remembers pointless things rather than useful ones...

I love all these films for mostly different reasons. None of them are really very similar, other than recurring themes such as homosexuality, Michael Pitt, subtitles, and often really good clothes, and I have no particular guidelines to what kind of film I like, other than the abhorance of anything to do with Westerns (with a few exceptions). I don't really know where I'm going with this, but it's just kind of recommending films, because most of these have changed my life in some way (sounds a bit dramatic, but it is true! I can't imagine anything more inspiring than the messages through Jonathon Larson's lyrics in Rent (albeit sometimes desperately rhyming words, the songs overall can easily speak to anyone listening hard enough), and Bee and I once went through the entirety of Hedwig, for some reason, during a GCSE Biology practical-based exam that was being supervised by a rather pathetic substitute teacher, and still managed to get A's. I don't know what this proves, but it proves something!)

... I lost my train of thought again. But yeah! Check out these films, especially: Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Rent, Party Monster (and the book! by James St. James), Fight Club (and the book by Chuck Palahniuk), and Brokeback Mountain.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment