Thursday 8 July 2010

Fall 2010 Couture

Okay, I know I said that runway posts are boring, but I love couture. So. Much.

Also, I found out about the style.com Lookbook (how I did not notice it before is beyond me, because I virtually live on that site, but whatevs) and hopefully by the end of this post I will have figured out how to copy it here so you can look and I won't have to spend hours uploading loads of pictures of my favourite pieces.

When I was looking at Chanel, I was like 'this is kind of bland, and I hate those boots', but then about maybe a quarter of the way through I was full of apology, like 'okay I take it back, Karl you are a God', and have learned not to judge a collection by it's opening pieces ;)

Christian Dior was just beautiful, nearly all the pieces were amazing (not a huge fan on the mohair cardigans and skirts, but they were literally the only downside to John Galliano's masterpieces). It's funny how we avoid clashing colours a lot of the time, when in nature they are so prominent, as was shown in this collection. I was actually in awe at how closely the materials resembled the flowers from which they were based. It's quite possibly one of my favourite collections so far, and a wonderful tribute to Christian Dior himself.

I was really looking forward to Elie Saab's collection because I loved his last one so much, but I wasn't as inspired this time around. I did love the transition from pale pastel hues from Spring to the firey reds and burnished oranges of Autumn, but I can't say I loved all the velvet.

Givenchy was just in a league of its own. All 10 pieces were stunning, breath-taking pieces of art, and I won't even begin to describe how much I love them, because I don't think I'll ever stop.

Most of Valentino was beautiful, but some of the pieces reminded me of awkward, unflattering bridesmaid dresses, which can never be a good thing; and of course, Armani was beautiful as usual, but I was so distracted by Jac's hair that I could barely focus on anything else. Also glad that Karlie Kloss is still opening and featuring in a lot of the shows, because I love her :D

And here is my lookbook!


No comments:

Post a Comment