Sunday 31 January 2010

dany atrache: "the theme is tattoos"

Instead of going to bed, naturally, I sat up tonight watching Midnite Haute on FashionTV. A lot of the Spring couture shows seem to be repetitive, with themes running so strongly through collections that some pieces look almost the same as the ones before (George Chakra, sadly, being one of them; his collection was really disappointing…*)

One of the collections that struck me as original and very beautiful was Dany Atrache's. There was a lot of frill, lace, and sequins, which to me are always a big yes's anyway, and of course the pastels and nude colours with black... But there were some splashes of colour, delicate blues, pinks and greens brought vibrancy to the mostly cream, gold and silver theme, which really seemed to pull the pieces together and make the collection as a whole really beautiful. I loved the use of sheer paneling amidst the tattoo inspired designs, which somehow managed to remain demure.



I really love this jumpsuit, with the ravishing ruffled sleeves and sheer body.


fashionmag.com

The intricate detailing on some of the dresses was just amazing; it's hard to imagine handcrafting such fine work... Just thinking about all the tiny stitches for each little sequin is exhausting.




* Saying that, I would treasure any piece of couture forever if I had one; being in the poorhouse like I am – one cannot afford to be picky :(

No comments:

Post a Comment