Thursday 7 January 2010

tights.


2 posts in 1 day?! This is craziness! Insanity! How did this happen?!
Well... I was reading Garance Doré's blog and she hates tights. I lovelovelove Garance and she is seriously one of the most amusing creatures ever but I feel the need to sing the praises of one of my wardrobe staples.

I love tights. I wear them most days, regardless of the weather (I am possibly one of the most inappropriate person when it comes to dressing for the weather: it snows, I wear tights and a jumper dress; it's 30c? I sport jeans.) I own pairs in a huge variety of colours, I own patterned ones, knitted design ones (like the adorable Calvin Klein pair my mum got me from TK Maxx as a surprise), and still I want more.
I ordered 2 pairs from topshop.com the other day in cherry and mustard but, devastatingly, they were out of stock. One of my new favourite things is to wear dark coloured tights (purple or french navy preferably) under fishnets. I stole the idea from the mannequins in the Next window displays and it actually makes your legs feel warmer, weirdly enough.

I just wanted to stick up for them a little bit, because even if sometimes they slip down, or get laddered from wear and tear (or the tiniest snag from your dog jumping up) they are the best thing a girl could have most of the time, and if you love them, they love you back. They make me brave enough to wear shorts or mini dresses that I would not otherwise wear (I only wear leggings if I really have to, and they look bad with shorts anyway)... and I love them, so there. :)

I'll stop ranting now. Garance did remind me of something else, though, and that's that I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions :( So here goes;

01 continue to eat less and exercise more
02 write more
03 make time for my friends and family
04 finish gilmore girls
05 watch as many french arthouse films as possible
06 learn french

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment