Wednesday 27 January 2010

you think you're peter pan, michael, but you're not

I don't know if it's because I'm a completely hopeless romantic, but I found Elie Saab's ethereal Spring Couture 2010 runway devastatingly beautiful. I love the delicate designs, the fairy-princess sway of the enormous skirts of half the dresses, the pastel colours, and Karlie Kloss.






style.com

I love the way it seems almost as though a watercolour artist was set loose on the precious fabrics, and the way you can almost hear the swish of the dresses brushing against skin as the models walk, even as the moments are frozen by camera. I love the glistening runway, reflecting the light like water and rippling in the same fashion, as though to immortalise the models and cast them in a holy glow.

I know style.com think it's "a bit too fantasy-prom" but the extravagance of it all makes me feel all excitable, like when I was a little girl oggling over immensely flowery Laura Ashley dresses; I just want to feel the fabric slip through my fingers and wear it even in the most inappropriate weather until I move onto the next coveted clothing item.

No comments:

Post a Comment